This Policy is supplied as part of the applicable laws of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia including the requirements set by the Capital Market Authority (CMA) and Saudi Stock Exchange (Tadawul). ICAP has the right to amend this Policy at any time without notice. You are advised to return to this policy frequently and your continual access to or use of our online services will mean that you agree to any changes to this Policy. All changes will become effective when posted unless indicated otherwise
- Alistithmar Capital (ICAP): it is a financial securities and brokerage company licensed by the Capital Market Authority (CMA).
- Online services: mean all ICAP online platforms that allow its customer to conduct business with us. This includes ICAP main website, and other online trading platforms such as trading website, Trade Workstation Desktop Apps, and Mobile Trading Apps
- You, your or yours: means our former, existing or prospective clients and/or the person(s) accessing our online services.
- We, us or our: means Alistithmar Capital (ICAP).
- Personal Information: is information or an opinion whether true or not and whether recorded in a material form or not relating to an identifiable individual whose identity can be determined, from the information or opinion. The personal information we collect may include the following:
- Your name, address, date of birth, gender, marital status, certain other personal and contact details, occupation/employment details and work history, assets and income and other financial details.
- Information about your dealings with us, our affiliates or third parties, account balances, payment history and online services’ activities.
- Your opinion in respect of our products, services and/or staff; and
- Cookie: is an element of data that the electronic service may send to your browser and which may be stored on your computer.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The types of personal information we may collect directly from you through different channels which include but not limited to:
- Complete applications or other paperwork that you complete for us.
- Deal or conduct business with us over the phone.
- Write to us in written or electronic format.
- Provide information while using our online services and where we believe it is reasonably required for ordinary business purposes.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect from you to help us deliver our online services; to administer, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services, improving existing products and services, performing data analytics, and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions); manage our risks; market our services and products; and to comply with and enforce applicable laws and regulations, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies.
Certain applicable laws may also require us to collect personal information such as anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing compliance purposes. If you do not provide this personal information, ICAP may not be able to deal with you, or provide you with a product or service. We may collect your personal information to:
- Process an application for you.
- Understand your needs or evaluate your eligibility for a product or service.
- Answer your requests or inquiries or manage the provision of a product or service to you.
- Perform other administrative and operational tasks including risk management, compliance, systems development, record keeping, and staff training, undertakes market or customer satisfaction research.
- Provide information to you about a product or service that may be of interest to you.
- Evaluate credit worthiness.
- Prevent or investigate any suspected fraud or offence.
- Meet legal and regulatory requirements.
- Producing data, reports and statistics which have been anonymized or aggregated to ensure that they do not identify you as an individual.
EXCHANGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We don’t share customer information with any external party unless the cases stated in the account opening agreement signed by the customer or in circumstances where such sharing conforms to the applicable laws in Saudi Arabia.
Bound by our obligation of confidentiality to our clients, confidentiality agreements and business needs, we may share your personal information with the following:
- Any entity or agent who refers your business to us.
- Security settlement and payment verification.
- Any entity that has an agreement with us for the purpose of advertising our products and services.
- Any service provider that participates to carry out our tasks and activities or else assist us in conducting our business.
- Regulatory bodies, government sectors, law enforcement bodies and courts.
- Our accountants, auditors, lawyers and other professional advisors.
- Credit reporting or debt collecting agencies.
- Any person acting on your behalf, including those who have been identified as your financial advisors, attorney, lawyer, or representatives.
- Protect ICAP from legal or administrative actions and liabilities as a result of incorrect or false information provided by you or provided to ICAP on your behalf.
- Other parties we are authorized or required by law to disclose information to.
- Other parties in respect of whom you have given us your consent.
STORAGE AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will handle, store and protect your personal information by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable security industry-standards and regulatory requirements in Saudi Arabia. Your personal information may be stored in hardcopy documents or electronically. Your personal information can only be accessed by authorized persons. We train our employees how to appropriately handle personal information.
As per the local regulatory obligations, we have to retain client’s records all time. Therefore, we may have to keep your personal information even after we disengage our business with you. But, we will ensure your information is protected as defined in this policy
CLIENT ACCESS AND UPDATE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Keeping your account information up-to-date is very important. You may review or update certain account information through our online services. If you cannot change the incorrect information online, or you prefer to request changes offline, please contact us through the contact information stated on our website.
INFORMATION SECURITY POLICY AND PRIVACY PROTECTION
We take our responsibility to protect the privacy and confidentiality of your information, including personal information, very seriously. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable security industry-standards and regulatory requirements in Saudi Arabia to secure such information from unauthorized access and use, alteration and destruction. We hold our employees accountable for complying with relevant policies, procedures, rules and regulations concerning the privacy and confidentiality of information.
We maintain security standards and procedures to help prevent any unauthorized access to your confidential information. We use a full range of systems security measures, including cryptography, filtering routers, intrusion detecting systems, virus detecting systems, firewalls, and trusted operating systems as part of our overall security architecture.
Security of electronic information exchange begins with you and with your information exchange systems such as your Internet browser, your e-mail program and your telephone. Alistithmar Capital anticipates that you will take every reasonable measure to protect yourself from exposure caused by inappropriate security, eavesdropping or intrusion. You are encouraged to protect your computer systems and mobile phones through the use of integrated security software: anti-virus, anti-spyware, spam and personal firewall technologies.
We take steps to protect your personal information, including accounts, transactions, user identities and passwords during the information exchange between you and Alistithmar Capital. For example, your Internet connection to ICAP is protected by series of filtering routers and firewalls that act as a barrier between the outside world and our internal network. The filtering router is the first component that you pass through to gain access to your account information and is responsible for determining who has access to what information. The firewall is the next security component that your exchange of information passes through. The firewall provides a high level of security and authentication of your requests and our responses. It tracks each request that was made, who made it, when it was made, where it was made from and to where our response was destined. Each of those technologies is used to determine whether you are granted access to your requested information while protecting our internal company network from unauthorized outside access.
Access to your account information, through internet trading or other electronic means, is protected with passwords known only to you. Your password must be used only by you when you access your accounts and when you request that transactions be executed on your behalf. The password is known only to you, so you can be confident that your data is secure provided that you take steps to safeguard your passwords and prevent these from becoming known to others.
If you use the Internet to exchange information with Alistithmar Capital, you will be able to see when you are secured during information exchange, when a "locked" icon is displayed at the bottom of the screen or when https:// appears in the address line. This is often referred to as a 'secured session'. You can increase your level of security by memorizing your password and by changing it regularly. You should try to avoid using passwords that can be guessed by people who know you or who have information about you - for example, avoid passwords that contain your birth date, your name or parts of your name, or that include any well-known values such as your phone number, your car registration, your customer or account number. If you must write down your password, please make sure you keep this written record securely stored.
Alistithmar Capital is entitled to act on any instructions it receives using your password. When you give someone your password, you are authorizing that person to use our online trading services as though that person were you. That person becomes your nominee. You remain fully responsible for all transactions performed using your password, even if you did not intend or authorize the nominee to act as you. There is a risk when storing your password or personal details on you mobile phones in the event of your phones being lost or stolen. Therefore, make sure not to store this confidential information in insecure means.
No employee of Alistithmar Capital will ever ask you for your password, nor should you ever provide it to anyone in any context or for any reason. We do not ever want you to tell us your password.
In case you encounter any suspicious activity and/or security related incidents, you should report it immediately to us through the contact information stated on our website.
VIRUS AND MALICIOUS CODE PROTECTION
Alistithmar Capital is not responsible for any virus or other malicious code that you may encounter using our electronic services. We encourage and require you to routinely scan your computer, e-mails and storage (such as memory, disks, diskettes) using industry recommended and recognized virus protection products. If undetected and un-repaired, a virus can corrupt and destroy your programs, files and hardware and can result in your confidential information being exposed.